Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Random Assortment of Poetry

Some of my recents exploring new poetry styles.

Double Haiku: “Dandelions”
Sunlit fields of green
Bringing waves of shining light
A June day is born.

A cool, sudden breeze
Carries away my wishes
Dandelions gone.

Hero’s Epic
There once was a girl, a hero they say, of
The sort that slay dragons in tales.
She liked to tell stories, though when asked her own
Knew not where to start or what story to tell.
They wanted a hero-- asked her for one-- but
They told her to tell her own story.
Now how can such things coincide?
What a mess is inner logic.
She was known as Kaitlin, of age thirteen
Her story was short and sweet-- for
Time is of the essence, she claimed,
Or perhaps so it seemed.
She began, “I come from a small town,
Where I live with my brothers and sisters.
I work all day, (mostly busywork)
I come home at night for supper.”
She ended with only a crowd of sighs--
Must everything be witty?
She turned to leave, but felt a tug;
Words of wisdom also.
“Your story was heroic, wondrous, and kind
For you rise with every day.
You never give up, you still work hard;
What can be more inspiring?”
The girl stopped, and she started to smile
Because the man was right.
Could she have second-guessed herself?
Perhaps everyone is a hero.

Pastoral
Round, rolling hills
And bushels of sage
A hidden hollow of land
Someone explored
And found
And preserved.

How lucky am I
To be witness of this
Long lost land
These hidden pockets of vegetation
Of life--
For none other than me.

Challenges Limerick
There once was a boy named Keith
Who thought he was stronger than Heath
They got in a fight
But Keith wasn’t right
And now he is missing some teeth.


Enjoy (; --Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment