Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kaitand Xander and Hanna time ti write....what about the sounds and smells and feelings of summer? Do you like the heat, the feel of the sun on your skin? I know that I still love the smell of suntan lotion and I like to use coconut smelling shampoo because back in my day or "the" day we used coconut oil for tanning lotion and we would spread it all over our bodies and they would glisten with oil and grains of sand would stick to the oil we'd lathered all over ourselves...I love, love, loved the feel of the sun, the warmth of the sand, the breezes that kicked up just enough to evaporate the sweat on our skins. I loved the sound of the ocean and the rolling, back and forth motion of the waves.and,of course, I'll Ed walking along the shore on the hard wet sand next to the water's edge;picking up the broken shel sand rinsing the sand from them to discover what colors and beauty might be hidden. I loved tossing a frisbie, watching it spin on the air and glide to a friend or flop mercilessly on a sun tanner's head or neck or bottom and I loved the laughing and giggling as someone was sent to rescue the offensive frisbee from the irate sunbather...I loved beach volleyball. I loved diving into the sand to save a ball or leaping high to smash it across the net....I really loved the sound of transistor radios pounding out the sounds of Neal "forever in bluejeans" or Paul and john wanting to "let it be" Sotellmeyou writer club members "what do you love about summer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment